- Honey & Pollen –
Bee Pollen &
- natural cold
Manuka honey is not the ordinary honey owing to its special medical functions. Medical effectiveness of Manuka honey varies from its concentration of natural compound. For helping consumers choose, HAPOKOX Manuka honey is employing natural antibacterial Methylglyoxal (MGO/MG) rating which is an international standard to define and communicate the antibacterial effectiveness and value of Manuka honey.
Since Jul 2008, Thomas Henle, a German authoritative Science Food Professor, has discovered and confirmed Methylglyoxal (MGO/MG) being the active antibacterial compound naturally occurred in Manuka honey after decades of researches conducted by the worldwide scientists. Professor Thomas Henle is now being the head of Science Food of Technical University of Dresden in Germany and is globally reputative with release of more than 80 research papers.
Methylglyoxal (MGO/MG) has been identified by Professor Thomas Henle with its antibacterial effectiveness against bacteria – escherichia roll, staphylococcus, inhibiting the activeness of helicobacter pylori and hence improving stomach ulcer. Methyglyoxal (MGO/MG) is also effective to speed up wound recovery and strengthen body immune system.
Discovery of Methylglyoxal (MGO/MG) has opened another new page of understanding about Manuka honey among scientists and consumers. Professor Thomas Henle stated that the higher concentration of Methylgloxal (MGO/MG), the higher effectivieness of Manuka honey against bacteria and the honey value is then higher.
Methylglyoxal rating has been developed to indicate the antibacterial strength of Manuka honey.
1. MG 100+ mg/kg implies Methylglyoxal concentration with at least 100 mg per 1 kg of Manuka honey
2. MG 200+ mg/kg implies Methylglyoxal concentration with at least 200 mg per 1 kg of Manuka honey
3. MG 300+ mg/kg implies Methylglyoxal concentration with at least 300 mg per 1 kg of Manuka honey
4. MG 400+ mg/kg implies Methylglyoxal concentration with at least 400 mg per 1 kg of Manuka honey
Advantages of Methylglyoxal rating
1. support with scientific base – the test and research process is under strict control under international standard.
2. stable effectiveness – Methylglyoxal is not affected or destroyed by light and heat.
3. accurate and reliable test – Methylglyoxal concentration remains the same after repeated tests.
Antibacterial effectiveness of HAPOKOX New Zealand MGO Manuka honey to you is contributed by the concentration of its 100% natural antibacterial compound, MGO.